Terms & Conditions
- A charge of $35 will apply to any cheques returned due to non-sufficient funds. Interest at 1.5% per month or 18% per annum will be added to accounts that exceed 15 days overdue. Linbrook School reserves the right to withdraw services at any time if accounts are not paid in accordance with the established due dates.
Tuition For All Students Includes:
- Hot lunch and morning snack
- All textbooks
- Technology fees for technology in the classrooms (Junior Kindergarten to Grade 5)
- A non-refundable payment of $250.00 is required to accompany the application. This fee covers costs associated with your son’s initial interview and assessment.
- A one time non-refundable registration fee of $5,000.00 is payable when the offer of admission is accepted.
Requests to withdraw a student must be made in writing. If the request for withdrawal is received:
- Prior to April 15, 2023, the school will retain the non-refundable deposit of $5,000.00.
- Between April 15, 2023 and May 1, 2023 (inclusive), parents/guardians are responsible for the lump sum payment as scheduled under the Standard Payment Plan for the May 1, 2023 installment (regardless of chosen payment plan option).
- After May 1, 2023, parents/guardians have an unconditional obligation to pay fees for the full academic year. No portion of such fees, paid or outstanding, will be refunded or cancelled in the event of a student’s absence, withdrawal or dismissal from the school.
- Funds received through the capital contributions are used for capital purposes at the discretion of the Board of Directors. The total contribution of $1,500.00 will be billed annually in May.
- There are additional costs incurred throughout the year, which are not included in tuition. These include, but are not limited to: school supplies, experiential learning opportunities (camps and overnight trips), music instrument rentals (Grades 6-8), uniforms, and lost/damaged books.
- The Activity Fee is used to enhance every student’s school life experiences through in-school activities, field trips, athletic competitions and special events. It also includes an annual yearbook. Students in Grade 8 pay an additional $300.00 in activity fees to cover additional costs associated with formal graduation ceremonies. The activity fee will be charged on your May 1st invoice.
- A technology fee of $1,400.00 per year is charged to students in Grades 6 – 8. The charge covers the cost of the laptop rental, digital programs, network & internet, support team services, and a loaner laptop in case repairs are needed on their own device. Students are permitted to take home their laptops over the summer, and after 3 years, the students own their laptop. The technology fee will be charged on your May 1st invoice.
- Bus services are shared with St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School. Parents are required to pay 100% of the total bus fees in October. A list of current bus routes is available upon request. For further information, please call the main office at 905-844-2697.
Extended Day Program
- The Extended Day Program is available for students before school (7:15 A.M. to 8:30 A.M.) and/or after school (3:30 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.).
- Outside of the Extended Day Program, homework club will be offered after school Monday to Thursday for students from Grades 3 – 8 to work on their assigned homework.
- A variety of additional clubs, sports and activities are also held after school Monday to Thursday.
Charitable Tax Receipts
- Linbrook School is a registered charitable organization (Registration #83408 0772 RR0001), thus allowing income tax receipts to be issued for donations of cash and securities.
- If supporting parents/guardians fall within the guidelines of the Income Tax Act, they may be entitled to deduct a portion of the school fees paid as a child care expense if their child is 16 years of age or under on December 31. Receipts will be issued at the end of January.